A fascinating study of transmission in a South African hospital provides more information on how the virus spreads in health care situations. How seriously should we take the claims that surface transmission was a key factor?
Health care workers around the globe have faced attacks.
A new study indicates that Twitter bots are pushing “re-open” narratives.
More on the factors behind Japan’s successful mitigation efforts.
China claims to have tested 9 million people in Wuhan, and found 216 “asymptomatic” cases.
If you want to support this ad-free show please join Nate’s Patreon, Patreon.com/DuncanLeroux.
Articles and studies cited on the show
- CDC Says Possibly ‘Less Than Half’ Of Positive Antibody Tests Are Correct
- Nearly Half Of The Twitter Accounts Discussing ‘Reopening America’ May Be Bots
- Japan ends its COVID-19 state of emergency
- Wuhan Tests Nine Million People for Coronavirus in 10 Days
- Health workers become unexpected targets during covid-19
- Health workers fighting coronavirus around the world threatened by violence
- Gunmen attack Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Report into a nosocomial outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) at Netcare St. Augustine’s Hospital [full report]
- Report into a nosocomial outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) at Netcare St. Augustine’s Hospital [newser]