Dr. Natalie Dean, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics, specializing in emerging infectious diseases, joins to discuss how she sees the next 6 months of the country’s reopening playing out, how reopening is going so far, what other measures she would like to see us take, Sweden’s handling of the pandemic, the biggest advancements in our understanding of the virus, and what further research she’d like to see done.
Then a quick USA and World news roundup, focusing on USA hotspots.
If you want to support this ad-free show please join Nate’s Patreon, Patreon.com/DuncanLeroux.
Articles and studies cited on the show
- Montgomery running out of ICU beds as coronavirus cases double in May
- White-Collar Companies Race to Be Last to Return to the Office
- Coronavirus jobs: New era brings scanners, tracers and sanitizers
- High COVID-19 Attack Rate Among Attendees at Events at a Church — Arkansas, March 2020
- Reinforcements sent to California border hospital hit by coronavirus surge
- Spain allows outdoor dining again in Madrid and Barcelona
- No evidence for increased transmissibility from recurrent mutations in SARS-CoV-2